Dr. Caroline Joan ("Kay") S. PicartPublications & Research
Video and Radio Projects
- January 2008 Global Gatherings, Ballroom and Beyond: 2008: Translating Across Cultures, 7-9:30 p.m., January 31, 2008; Presented by: FSU International Center, Division of Student Affairs
- March 2007 Global Gatherings, Ballroom and Beyond: 2007, FSU State Ballroom, 5-7:30 p.m. March 19, 2007; Presented by: FSU International Center, Division of Student Affairs
- Global Gatherings Special Edition: Performing with the Stars from Around
the World, a TV show shot on March 22, 2006 with repeated showings in 2006; co-hosting,
organizing--performing theatrical numbers, writing the script, organizing the show
- Ballroom with a Twist, a radio program to be streamed over
the internet via Radio Filipino, based in Boca Raton, FL, in 2006; host and
- Global Gatherings Special Edition: Ballroom with a Twist II, a
TV show shot on April 8, 2005, and with repeated showings in 2005;
co-hosting, organizing, performing four theatrical bolero, waltz and tango
numbers, writing script, and helping edit material
- Global Gatherings Special Edition: Ballroom with a Twist, a TV show first shown in May, 2004, and with repeated showings in 2004; co-hosted, organized, performed two theatrical bolero numbers, wrote script, and helped edit material
- Picart, C.J.S. and Gergen, Kenneth. Dharma Dancing. Funded by Swarthmore University and supported by the Office of Distributed and Distance Learning, Florida State University. An Autoethnographic Exploration of the gendered body, emotions and relationality in ballroom dance.
- Picart, C.J.S. Dancing Through Different Worlds. Funded by St. Lawrence University and an Andrew Mellon Foundation Grant.
- Picart, C.J.S., McDermott, Elizabeth, and Swant, Andrew. Hybrid Voices. Funded by the Institute of Race and Ethnicity, University of Wisconsin System and the Office of Research, University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire.
- Picart, C.J.S. Inside Notes from the Outside. Funded by the Institute of Race and Ethnicity, University of Wisconsin System.
- Picart, C.J.S. Portrait of a Mother and a Daughter. Funded by the Department of Philosophy, The Pennsylvania State University.
Back to Main Menu